Reporting to the Controller, the candidate will maintain assigned General Ledger accounts with journal entries and account reconciliations in compliance with company reporting requirements, assist in the construction of budgets and forecasts, analyze financial data to assist management with the growth of the company, and meet all internal, external and corporate reporting.
- BS Accounting with 5 years accounting experience.
- Experience in general ledger transactions and account reconciliations, and internal & external financial reporting is required.
- Cost and/or manufacturing accounting experience preferred but not required.
- Report on financial status on a regular basis and create ad-hoc reports when needed.
- Prepare Journal Entries – with data from system-generated reports or other sources for a variety of general ledger accounts
- Monthly Close Process – responsible for monitoring and meeting deadlines related to the monthly accounting close.
- Budget vs. Actual Analysis – assist in preparation of monthly analysis of budget to actual variances.
- Other Projects and Analysis – perform various ad hoc analyses as necessary
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products, advanced excel experience a plus.
- The ideal candidate must have strong work ethic, pay attention to detail, have strong analytical skills and be a team player.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, numerical, verbal and written communication.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other departments within the organization.
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize multiple tasks under tight deadlines.to ensure departmental deadlines are met and objectives are achieved.
To apply, submit resume to email@example.com
This is a full-time position located in Mandeville, LA. MECO will only consider candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and can legally work for any employer in the U.S.