MECO is a world leader in the engineering and manufacturing of water purification solutions for industrial, pharmaceutical, oil and gas, military, and food and beverage enterprises. This legacy of leadership is the result of our commitment to the highest quality of products and services in everything we do.
We are seeking an Applications Engineer in our Stafford, TX facility.
- Review inquiries and specifications to determine requirements
- Prepare conceptual designs and perform pump and heat exchanger calculations for estimating purposes
- Perform calculations for line sizes and review/create process flow diagrams
- Consider new approaches to application problems encountered
- Investigate availability, pricing, and characteristics of products and equipment to be used in a given application
- Evaluate different products and designs for best overall value or cost saving alternates
- Interface with other engineers and draftsmen to prepare designs, drawings, and specifications for proposals
- Prepare cost estimates
- Gather material that can facilitate the proposal preparation process
- Maintain complete and accurate files and records to document the work performed for use to execute won projects
- Preparation of project scopes and job turnover package to Project Manager and Project Engineer
- Interact with customers to identify scope of supply, equipment design, and lead times
To qualify for this position, the candidate must have:
- BSME, BSChemE, BSEE with 6+ years of applicable experience.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, other programming languages etc.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Water purification systems
- Heat transfer systems
- Process pumps, filters, piping etc.
- Bio Pharm and/or offshore oil & gas experience
Salary will be commensurate with degree and experience.
Submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.