MECO is a world leader in the engineering and manufacturing of water purification solutions for industrial, pharmaceutical, oil and gas, military, and food and beverage enterprises. This legacy of leadership is the result of our commitment to the highest quality of products and services in everything we do.
We are seeking Automation Engineers to design, program, document control systems in our units as well as configure SCADA/DCS systems. Specific responsibilities will vary from project to project and include control system design, control system programming, SCADA/DCS configuration, system documentation, control hardware, and related system integration. Automation engineers often participate in all phases of projects from applications to detailed design and through documentation, testing, commissioning and are also significant contributors to product development.
Our employees are committed to quality, attention to detail and the continued pursuit of excellence. They are self-directed and able to work both independently and as a team member. We require our employees to be able and willing to travel domestically and internationally.
To qualify for this position, the candidate must have
- Bachelor of Science Degree- Electrical Engineer or related field Technical Degree in Electrical engineering, Instrumentation, or computer science. Equivalent work experience will also be considered.
- 4+ years of computer programming and software development
- 4+ years PLC/HMI programming experience preferably with Rockwell or Siemens
- 4+ years integrating control systems with SCADA/DCS systems
Desirable experience would include:
- Knowledge of Siemens and Rockwell highly preferred
- BioPharm design work experience preferred
- Use of Perl or Python programming
- Creative thinking skills
- Detail oriented personality
As an employer with more than 100 employees, MECO will be required to implement the OSHA Emergency Ruling regarding COVID Vaccinations/Tests when it is published.
Employees who access MECO customer facilities and/or physically interact with customer employees will be expected to comply with all customer requirements concerning vaccination and/or testing.
Submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference “Electrical Automation Position” in subject line.
This is a direct hire position with a full benefit package. This position will be located at our Mandeville, LA headquarters. Relocation assistance is not available. MECO will only consider candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and can legally work for any employer in the U.S.