MECO Ireland is a branch office of Mechanical Equipment Company (MECO) of Mandeville, Louisiana, USA. We have been in business for over 90 years and we are a leading supplier to the biopharmaceutical industry, US military and also marine oil and gas industry for pure water and Water for Injection needs. Further information can be reviewed at www.meco.com.
MECO is looking to fill a permanent position for field service technician to service, commission and operate our fleet of existing water treatment equipment located internationally and also new equipment in the process of being installed. The primary equipment types include: mechanical vapor compression Stills, reverse osmosis (RO) systems, Ultrafiltration, softening, carbon-filtration and distribution systems to include pumps, valves, heat exchangers and instrumentation. This position requires someone who is willing to travel, able to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical and controls equipment and can represent the company well.
- Must adapt to MECO culture
- Must be trainable
- Must be able to travel with short-notices and as needed
- Interface with Customer and MECO Engineering in executing operating and maintenance tasks
- Commission MECO plants
- Repair and maintain installed plants
- Fulfil role as operator for MECO plants as assigned
- Must meet customer’s expectation in quality of work and the hours put in towards speedy repair of equipment.
- Interface with clients in a professional manner in conduct and appearance
- Assess potential application of company products or services and offers solutions that meet customer needs
- Provide technical training to clients and communicates customer feedback for future product developments
- Be able to read diagrams and work instructions (will train if needed)
- Be able to follow verbal and written direction and execute
- Be able to communicate technical and commercial issues with contractors and client
- Be able to write trip reports to include technical issues
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work with little or no supervision
- Must have own reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Degree or Diploma relating to Electrical and mechanical fields desired
- Experience desired but will consider outstanding entry level personnel with expressed desire and/or demonstrated aptitude for hands-on work as well.
- Must possess strong desire to please internal and external clients
- Ability to perform direct hands-on diagnostics and repairs (using hand tools, hand instruments, meters)
- Ability to read Cad prints and electrical diagrams. (Will train if necessary)
- Must have a valid Irish or European driver’s license
- Must have a valid citizenship or Visa to work in Republic of Ireland or EU
- PLC background for Allen Bradley or Siemens is desired
- knowledge of rotating equipment, centrifugal pumps, positive displacement pumps, heat exchangers and centrifugal compressors is a plus
- Knowledge of controls and instruments is a plus
- MECO Ireland is a regional group which requires flexible personality and ability to perform multiple functions
- Relaxed but professional atmosphere
- salary commensurate with experience or capabilities
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
How to Apply
To be considered, submit your resume to resumes_MECOEuro@meco.com.