Become a Valued Member of our Team.
For the people who work at MECO, it’s more than a job. It’s a calling. MECO products make a difference in people’s lives. If you’re part of the MECO team, you’re not just helping to build machines; you’re ensuring that the U.S. soldiers overseas have fresh water to drink, you’re assisting pharmaceutical companies in the development of life-saving drugs, and you’re delivering drinking water to developing nations where potable water is in short supply. As a world leader in the design and construction of water treatment, Pure Steam and desalination plants, we frequently have openings on our team to service our growing roster of clients. Consider coming to work at MECO where changing jobs means changing lives.
MECO IS AN EEO EMPLOYER: MECO complies with all applicable government regulations concerning, 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
To be Considered for a Position:
MECO will only accept applications for current open positions. Applicants must meet all minimum requirements to be considered for the posted position(s). For qualified individuals, MECO offers a work environment focused on growth, development and teamwork. To be considered for an opportunity to discuss your career potential, please follow the directions when applying for the position of your choice. Due to the volume of responses received, we can only respond to candidates selected for an interview.
MECO is an EEO employer: Male / Female / Vet / Disability and participates in E-Verify.
We verify education, prior employment and conduct background check, and require pre-employment drug and alcohol screening. Certain positions may also require a physical. No verifications, d/a screening or physical will be required until an offer is accepted.
Current Job Openings may be based either in Mandeville, LA. or Sugar Land, TX.
MECO is seeking Project Engineer candidates to perform mechanical/process engineering design in both our Sugar Land, TX and Mandeville, LA offices.
Specific responsibilities will vary from project to project and include process design of thermal, membrane, and ion exchange systems; thermal and physical design of heat exchangers, evaporators, and condensers; structural design of skids and frames; and selection of pumps, valves, and other related system components. Project engineers often participate in all phases of projects from applications to detailed design and through documentation, testing, commissioning and are also the primary contributors to product development. Ideal candidates are committed to quality and the continual pursuit of excellence.
- BSME and 4+ years of applicable experience.
- Must have strong computer skills in Word, Excel, etc.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- PED/CE/CRN/ASME Section VIII Code design
- Water purification systems
- BioPharm and/or offshore oil & gas process systems
Submit resume to: email@example.com for Louisiana-based positions or firstname.lastname@example.org for Texas-based positions.
SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE I
Are you a road-warrior willing to travel extensively, both domestically & abroad? Are you looking for a career with new challenges presented daily? If you answered yes to these questions and meet the qualifications listed, you may be the ideal candidate for this position.
· HS Diploma or equivalent plus technical training, Associates degree preferred.
· Must have strong electro-mechanical skills.
· Must be able to read piping, electrical and controls schematics
· Must be educated in industrial safety procedures in order to ensure the successful support to the industries we serve (primarily pharmaceutical and marine).
Must self-manage and be willing to travel up to 85% of the time.
Following product-specific training at our Mandeville, LA facility, the Service Representative I will assist in the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of complex industrial machinery. You will be required to diagnose and solve equipment problems using a wide array of skills, including tool expertise; error analysis; machinery upkeep; small-scale fabrication and repairs; and controls (PLC) work.
This position will be home-based at the MECO facility in Mandeville, LA. Applicants must be eligible to legally work in the US without sponsorship. MECO participates in E-Verify.
Submit resume as an attachment to email@example.com. Reference the position title in the subject line.
We are seeking all levels of Mechanical Designers experienced in process piping using AutoDesk Inventor 2013. We would prefer someone with high tolerance machine shop drawing experience.
Daily responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: routing piping given a P&I and equipment, preparing structural piping assembly and spool drawings. May be required to prepare BOM and equipment details.
· Minimum of HS diploma or equivalent plus formal AutoDesk Inventor training
· 2+ years process piping design experience
· 1+ years Inventor experience
· Knowledge base must include drafting methods, procedures & techniques and Inventor 2013
· Must have thorough working knowledge of Word and Excel
· Experience with AutoDesk Vault preferred
Submit resume as word.doc or pdf attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CURRENT STAFF POSITIONS - Mandeville, LA
This individual will be responsible and accountable for efficiently buying raw materials, industrial parts and supplies in support of production and non-production needs. Must meet price, schedule and quality objectives. Will coordinate resolution of complex issues impacting assigned material and serve as liaison between supplier and other departments. Must be able to effectively negotiate Purchasing Agreements.
· BS in a business-related course of study
· 5+ years in a manufacturing or industrial environment
· Must have product knowledge in commodities such as carbon steel, stainless steel, alloys, and exotic metals.
· Experienced in the methods for purchasing in bulk, coils and mill production runs.
· Must have experience in adhering of specifications within these fields. Will assist in the forecasting future escalation of these materials.
· Must fully understand and have prior experience in MRP, principles of planning, supplier management concepts & inventory control practices.
· Must possess complete knowledge of purchasing techniques, such as soliciting quotes, negotiating, supplier selection and evaluation, and disposition of defective or non-compliant materials
Qualified candidates should submit resume in word.doc, word.docx or pdf format to email@example.com. Reference Buyer position in the subject line.
CURRENT PRODUCTION POSITIONS - Mandeville, LA
All production positions have certain physical requirements that must be met with or without accommodation. There requirements will be provided at the time of application.
All positions have the minimum requirements provided. MECO will not consider candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements. All production positions require the candidate to pass a written mechanical aptitude test.
Candidates for production positions must apply in person (Mon-Fri, 7:30 – 2) at the MECO Mandeville facility located at 68375 Compass Way East. This plant is in the Alamosa Business Park north of I-12 off LA Hwy 59. We cannot accept resumes via mail, fax or e-mail.
Fabricator/TIG Welder (2nd shift)
The job requires the employee to fabricate from fabrication and piping drawings. The ideal candidate must be able to operate all equipment used in the fabrication department. Will be required to read and understand any engineering drawing/specs with little or no supervision. Must be able to produce structurally sound welds, be able to fit, fabricate piping systems and complex layouts with minimal guidance.
· HS Diploma or GED
· 5 years exp fabricating and performing TIG welding on stainless steel
· TIG welding experience in full penetration welds in all positions
· ASME vessel experience
· Mentoring and assisting in the development of lesser-skilled employees
Must have knowledge of basic pipe and instrument fitting. Experience fitting piping, running instrument tubing, and installing components and vessels on skid-mounted equipment, preferred. Must be able to read & understand P&ID, general arrangement and isometric drawings. Fabricate and install piping and support structure. Measure, cut, thread, groove, bend, assemble and install various metal and plastic pipes, valves and fittings.
- HS Diploma or GED
- 3 yrs experience in a related trade
- Will be required to pass a written mechanical aptitude test
This person will also work as a member of the Maintenance Team to assist in Machine and Fabrication Shop equipment repairs, diesel and gasoline engine repairs and general maintenance. The ideal candidate will also have basic knowledge of plumbing and HVAC.
Must be able to read blueprints and wiring diagrams; repair or replace electrical and electronic components of industrial equipment. This individual will work with other maintenance personnel to troubleshoot problems with machinery; will analyze and correct electrical problems and plans all details for replacing or removing existing equipment. This individual will be charged with informing supervisors and other workers of potential hazards and make recommendations for corrective actions.
Must be computer literate, self-motivated and provide own hand tools.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 5 years focused on electrical maintenance
· Must pass written mechanical aptitude test